It has been some time since I wrote about this commission. A family wedding and travel in Canada has kept us busy.
I was given a colourful whimsical card by Judi. my neighbour as a inspiration not to be copied. . A preliminary sketch was modified to include a dry stone wall and via duct. With numerous changes,I completed the final acrylic painting, crunched it and bonded it to canvas. I decided to add various materials in a collage fashion and am nearly there now. A final photo will come on my future blog.
So far I have spent about 40 hours on this piece. Textile art is much more labor intensive then painting.